MatrixCloud Automobile OTT IPTV Solution
Complete End-to-End Deployment in Days
Deployed via MatrixStream Professional Services
MatrixCloud Automobile OTT IPTV Solution
Customer is an IPTV broadband provider who would like to offer OTT IPTV services over broadband wireless network any cars equipped with MatrixStream HD player. The provider would like to offer both live streaming TV channels as well as video on demand videos. The ability to offer unlimited video on demand and live TV channels will allow commuters to enjoy the long boring commutes. The deployment of the OTT IPTV service will be over wireless broadband such as WiMAX IP network.
Below is a list of basic features:
- HD Video – Customer would like to offer streaming HD content to premium customers. The ability to watch HD content would ensure the IPTV equipment would stay up-to-date with other IPTV technology advances. In addition, it will allow people who install HD video displays in car to watch HD streaming videos right over wireless IP.
- Streaming Over the Internet – Customer would like to use the Internet as their video transport. Customer is not impressed with some of the existing video downloading services due to poor video quality and slow video loading. Customer would like to use existing wireless broadband to stream videos vs. building one from scratch. As wireless technologies like WiMAX and broadband Cellular develop, customer would like to take advantage of higher access speed to stream HD content directly to cars equipped with WiMAX receivers.
- Dynamic Wireless Tower Switching (DWTS) – MatrixStream auto vehicle IPTV solution is able to maintain video quality even when wireless connections switch from one wireless tower to another. MatrixStream’s MatrixCast video transport is able to handle all the issues that come with wireless tower switching that’s common in wireless data networks.
- View HD Videos Inside Car Video Display – Customer would like to give subscribers the option to watch videos on their car video display. This means the player must be able to play on existing mobile video displays.
- Expandable – Customer would like an IPTV system that’s fully scalable to support their current requirements and future growth.
- Remote software/firmware update – Customer would like a system that has minimal truck roll. They would like to remotely manage all the car IPTV viewing clients.
- VOD Support – In addition to be able to watch live TV streaming to the car, customer would like to allow subscribers the ability to watch any of the videos available in the video on demand section. This essentially allow viewers complete access to the entire video library.
- Viewing Ratio – Customer anticipates that at any given time, at least 10% of its subscribers will be watching videos simultaneously.
- Minimal Integration Cost – Customer does not have a large IT staff that can support a complicated IPTV deployment. Customer would like a system that will be easy to deploy, manage and support.
IPTV Requirement List
After reviewing the customer requirements, MatrixStream decided to recommend the following equipment list for deployment. Because MatrixStream’s MatrixCast OTT IPTV solution is an end-to-end solution, customer does not have to spend months to integrate an IPTV solution from multiple vendors. The following a list of equipment required:
- 2 IMX M2200 OTT IPTV middleware servers. 1 for management and another for redundancy.
- 6 IMX v2420 VOD MatrixCast Streaming servers to support VOD. 5 IMX v2420 can support up to 6,000 simultaneous SD streams. At the same time, each server can back up the other through N+1 clustering design.
- Customized MX 1100 PC viewer with customer’s logo – PC clients will be made available to students for download off customer’s Website. Students can watch videos on their PCs.
- Customized MX 1101 Android viewer with customer’s logo – People with Android smart phones and tablets will be able to download customer’s own player right from Google Play store.
- Customized MX 1102 IOS Apple viewer with customer’s logo – People with Apple iPhones and iPads will be able to download customer’s own player right from Apple’s App store.
Automobile Vehicle IPTV Service Deployment Diagram