Fast Channel Changing
Full HD 1080p Support
Instant Video Loading
Digital Surround Sound
The MX 3 OTT IP Set Top Box (STB) is designed for the ultimate home theater experience. MX 3 is designed to support highest quality HD videos on the largest HDTV. The MX3 OTT IPTV STB comes with full support for HD 1080p videos and 5.1 digital multichannel sound. The OTT IPTV STB also allows users to view HDTV and DVD videos right from their IP network. Simply plug in the STB to the IP network and home theater system, and the full functionality of IPTV is ready to access. With the next generation patented MatrixCast Streaming Video On Demand (VOD) technology, broadband users can enjoy high quality videos without having to suffer through the inconveniences associated with video rental stores, mail-order rentals, or even Pay-Per-View. With MatrixCast Streaming VOD, control and convenience is placed back in the hands of the consumer. Anyone with broadband access can watch DVD and HD videos at a time that’s convenient to them, in the comfort of their own homes.
- Internet Streaming – Works over any broadband IP network. MatrixCast Streaming is designed to work over the Internet where there might be network traffic surges and congestions. Traditional streaming won’t work over the Internet and will only work over private IP networks with QoS.
- Super Fast Channel Changing – MX 3 provides ultra low latency and fast channel changing (~500ms) by using MatrixStream’s Matrixcast technology.
- Nano Form Factor – MX 3 set top box is small enough it can fit into the palm of your hand.
- Video On Demand (VOD) – Delivers on-demand DVD- and HDTV-quality videos to TVs over the Internet using advanced mpeg 4 codecs such as MPEG4 Part 10 and H.264.
- Time Shift/NPVR Option – MX 3 fully supports time shift and network PVR option.
- IPV6 Support – MX 3 supports IPV6 and IPV4.
- HD 1080p Video Streaming – MX 3 is MatrixStream’s latest IP STB that can support videos up to High Definition (HD) 720P, 1080i and 1080P formats. MX 3 currently supports most advanced video codecs such as H.264/MPEG 4 Part 10. MX 3 can support streaming videos right over the Internet.
- IP Multicast Support – MX 3 H.264 HD set top box will work in IP multicast network or unicast. Over the Internet, MX 3 uses MatrixCast Video Transport to deliver high quality videos at low bitrate.
- Conditional Access – Each Set Top Box (STB) is authenticated via IP, user ID and password.
- Customizable Electronic Program Guide – Create a custom viewing experience by selecting videos from a variety of viewing categories to suit personal tastes.
- HDTV HDMI Output and Optical Digital Surround Sound Output (S/PDIF) – Enjoy a high quality digital HDTV video and digital surround sound home theater experience.
- Optional Network Connectivity – Supports 200Mb powerline, coax, RJ 11, or wireless output for a variety of network connectivity scenarios. Available only for large quantity orders with additional custom engineering fee.
- Multi-room support – Viewers can have multiple STBs connected to different TVs in the same house. One central STB can act as the digital media server for the home, while other STBs stream live off the same server. This enables viewers to download videos for the entire family, and play each video on separate TVs simultaneously in the same household.
- Automatic Software Updates – The MX 3 Set Top Box has a built-in software update feature that automatically keeps the MX 3 Set Top Box up-to-date with the latest software features. The MX 3 Set Top Box also features a built-in help guide to provide initial support to subscribers.
MX 3 Advantages
- Premium Tier-1 Content – MX 3 is certified to provide tier-1 premium content due to its end-to-end MatrixCrypt content security.
- Anti-Piracy Security (APS) – All videos are encrypted end-to-end and safeguarded by the IMX security system, incorporating features such as user authentication, IP tracking and video deletion. Service providers can control the length of the viewing period (on a per-view or multiple view basis) via pre-defined business rules and set the viewing expiration period. APS Fully protected against video piracy by using condition access (CA) and MatrixCrypt(TM) DRM technologies with 128bit AES Encryption and SSL.
- Embedded System Design – MX 3 is powered by embedded software that provides commercial grade security for IPTV providers. It comes with full DRM and Conditional Access support.
- High Realibility – MX 3 is designed for commercial deployment.
- Easy Maintenance – No truck roll. The STB can be managed and controlled remotely by the IPTV service provider. Firmware and DRM can also be updated remotely without user intervention.
- Smart Targeted AD System (STAS) – STAS allows targeted video ad insertion that is anti-skippble. IPTV providers can target ad based on each individual user’s profile and demographic even when many users are watching the same video.
- Bandwidth Saving Mode (BSM) Protection – BSM automatically times out a video stream after a preset time limit to avoid users accidentally leave the stream running 24 hours a day when they are not watching.
Depending on the quantity ordered, the MX 3 HD set top box can be customized to your specifications. Below are some customization that can be done:
- Box color – currently MX 3 can be ordered in the following colors: silver, black, red, and gold.
- Remote – can be regular or premium.
- Custom logo – MX 3 can be ordered with your logo on the top of the unit.
- Packaging – MX 3 packaging can be ordered with your logo.
The MatrixStream MX3 HD set top box comes with the following accessories:
- MX3 HD set top box
- Regular remote (premium remote extra)
- Power supply
- HDMI cable
- A/V RCA media cable with mini plug